Calling all High School Seniors!
Apply for a $1,500.00 RCFCU Scholarship Today!
To be considered for the scholarship, each applicant must submit the following:
- Completed and signed copy of the 2018 rcityscholars application form (can be picked up from any of our branches or printed from our website)
- Application form must be signed by the applicant and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 years of age.
- Your answer to the following question in one of the formats listed below: If you could create, build, or invent one thing that would improve the quality of life here in San Antonio what would that be and how will your education help you accomplish this?
- Written essay: up to two 8.5” x 11” pages, 1-inch margins or
- Video: may be up to 90 seconds in length. Live action, presentation or animation with voice-over and/or music is permitted. Applicant must own rights to all content, including words, images, video and music.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from school staff (can be a teacher, coach, counselor, principal, etc.)
Please submit your entry via one of the following by midnight on Friday, May 4, 2018.
- U.S. mail sent to River City FCU, Attention: rcityscholars, PO Box 12689, San Antonio, TX 78212-0689 (postmarked by midnight)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with rcityscholars in the subject line
- Secure upload at rcityonline banking with rcityscholars in the subject line (click Contact Us at top right, select New for new message, time stamped by midnight)
- In person at River City FCU Downtown branch, 610 Augusta Street, San Antonio, TX. (by 5 pm)
Applications received after the posted deadline will not be considered.
Terms & Conditions
- The winning entry will receive a $1,500.00 (USD) scholarship payable to the designated, accredited not-for-profit college or university toward tuition and fees.
- Only one application/entry per person may be submitted for consideration.
- Your entry becomes property of River City Federal Credit Union and your name and/or likeness will be publicized in credit union media channels.
- Please ensure that you have permission to use any content that you include in your application, along with permission from anyone appearing in your video to use their likeness.
- Scholarship recipient is responsible for all tax reporting requirements.
- River City FCU employees, volunteers, dependents and their household members are not eligible to apply.