A limited number of River City FCU debit cards have been compromised. To avoid fraud, the compromised cards may be used only for PIN transactions. Please read for more information.
This breach in card security occurred when hackers accessed transaction information from a merchant’s data system.
A card compromise does not indicate that fraudulent transactions have actually occurred on your account; however, we are taking the following steps to reduce the risk of unauthorized transactions:
- Beginning today, Thursday, December 31, 2015, only PIN (POS & ATM) transactions will be accepted.
- On Tuesday, January 19, 2016, your card will be closed in order to prevent unauthorized transactions.
We recommend that you take action quickly.
- You may choose to cancel your card immediately using rcityonline banking orTouchTone Teller.
- Pick up an instant issue card at our Augusta or Jackson Keller Branch.
- Request a replacement card (7 – 10 business days delivery time) by calling our Member Service Center at 210-225-6866, or at a branch.
Please note: All branches and our Member Service Center will close at 1 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, 2015, and will be closed all day on Friday, January 1, 2016. We will open for normal business hours on Saturday, January 2, 2016.
Please be assured that River City FCU data systems have not been involved in this security breach. Our credit union remains committed to maintaining maximum security protocols, and to protecting the integrity of our members’ personal identification and account information.
Should you detect fraudulent, unauthorized activity on your account, please notify our Member Service Center or visit a branch immediately. We regret any inconvenience caused by this incident.