You can still have fun this summer, even if you are on a budget! Consider these nine budget friendly ideas when planning your fun in the sun.
- Check out neighborhood business freebies. This includes shows, demonstrations and activities that local businesses host to generate summer traffic.
- Visit the library. You’ll find free crafts for kids, story time, discussion groups and other fun ways to enjoy summer at no cost.
- Embrace the outdoors. Think hiking trails, beaches, scenic lookouts and stargazing in your backyard.
- Set up a homemade carnival and invite the neighborhood kids to be your guests.
- Take up a forgotten hobby that doesn’t cost much.
- Swap homes with a friend or relative who lives in another city for a cost-free, temporary change of scenery.
- Check out local farms for free admission hours.
- Support the local aspiring talent by attending backyard band concerts.
- Go for the weekday matinee special and save loads on theater tickets.